Date and time:
October 25, 2019, 8:30 AM EDT to October 25, 2019, 1:00 PM EDT
Dentons Canada LLP77 King Street West
Dentons’ Labour, Employment and Pensions Group will be hosting a half-day seminar on emerging workplace and human resources issues on Friday, October 25, 2019. The following topics will be discussed:
- Overtime exemptions under the Employment Standards Act – Matthew Curtis
- Termination provisions: enforceability issues and tips for drafting – Pamela Chan Ebejer
- The changing landscape of independent and dependent contractor relationships – Craig Lawrence and Karina Pylypczuk
- Work permit options for multinational companies – Henry Chang and Jonathan Mor
- Managing harassment investigations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act: requirements and pitfalls – Adrian Miedema
- The duty to accommodate invisible disabilities – Chelsea Rasmussen
- Getting what you bargained for in wrongful dismissal settlements – Andy Pushalik
- How to handle employee resignations and retractions – Meaghen Russell and Larysa Workewych
This program has been approved for 3 (CPD) hours under Section A of the Continuing professional development (CPD) Log of the Human Resource Professionals Association (HRPA).
This program is eligible for 2 hours of substantive content required by the Law Society of Ontario.
- 8:30 a.m. : Registration and breakfast
- 8:50 a.m. – 9:55 a.m. : Opening remarks and guest speaker
- 10:10 a.m. – 12:40 p.m. : Breakout sessions
- 12:40 p.m. : Lunch and networking
Please contact Melis Dimitriou, Client Development Coordinator, Events, at email@example.com or +1 416 361 2336.
Dentons Canada LLP is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event if you have any particular accommodation requirements. We will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.